These simple bran muffins have a wholesome, nutty, packed-with-bran taste. Thanks to All-Bran® cereal, these little gems have fiber plus essential vitamins and minerals. A healthy and delicious way to start your day.
- Servings 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Total Time 45 min
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt salt
- 1 1/2 cups All-Bran® Original All-Bran® Original
- or 1 1/2 cups All-Bran® Bran Buds® All-Bran® Bran Buds®
- 1 cup milk milk
- 1 egg egg
- 1/3 cup shortening shortening
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins
Molasses: Decrease milk to 1/2 cup. Add 1/2 cup molasses to KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal with milk. Omit sugar. Follow directions above.
Toasted Cinnamon: Split cooled muffins in half crosswise. Spread cut surface liberally with butter. Sprinkle with mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoon cinnamon. Place buttered sides up on broiler rack. Toast under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and browned.